Just Close Enough and Just Far Away
Melbourne Beach is a town in Brevard County, Florida. The population was 3,101 at the 2010 United States Census. In 2007, it was voted one of ten best bargain retirement spots in America.
Some Factual Data
Population in 2012: 3,113 (100% urban, 0% rural). Population change since 2000: -6.7%
Median resident age: 49.5 years (Florida: 41.3 years)
Estimated median household income in 2011: $69,839 (it was $57,035 in 2000) (Florida: $44,299)
Estimated per capita income in 2011: $42,187
Estimated median house or condo value in 2011: $288,519 (it was $160,300 in 2000) (Florida: $151,000)
Mean prices in 2011:
- All housing units: $516,083
- Detached houses: $558,997
- Townhouses or other attached units: $257,289
- In 3-to-4-unit structures: $203,321
- In 5-or-more-unit structures: $276,695
Median gross rent in 2011: $1,427.
- White alone - 2,919 (94.1%)
- Hispanic - 100 (3.2%)
- Asian alone - 33 (1.1%)
- Two or more races - 27 (0.9%)
- Black alone - 14 (0.5%)
- American Indian alone - 6 (0.2%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.06%)
- German (17.8%)
- Irish (16.0%)
- English (13.4%)
- Italian (9.5%)
- United States (7.7%)
- Greek (2.9%
For population 25 years and over in Melbourne Beach:
- High school or higher: 97.9%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 53.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 19.3%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Melbourne Beach town:
- Never married: 21.0%
- Now married: 59.9%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 8.6%
- Divorced: 9.6%
Melbourne Beach compared to Florida state average:
- Median household income above state average.
- Median house value significantly above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.