Family! Beach! Fun! And Friends.
Satellite Beach is a coastal city situated in Brevard County, Florida. The population was 10,109 at the
2010 United States Census, and it is located with the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Indian River to the west.
With both ocean and river frontage, Satellite Beach is the largest beachside community in South Brevard County.
Some Factual Data
Population in 2012: 10,249 (100% urban, 0% rural). Population change since 2000: +7.0%
Median resident age: 46.4 years (Florida: 41.3 years)
Estimated median household income in 2011: $56,446 (it was $55,571 in 2000) (Florida: $44,299)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2011: $187,258 (it was $123,600 in 2000) (Florida: $151,000)
Mean prices in 2011:
- All housing units: $339,542
- Detached houses: $352,436
- Townhouses or other attached units: $257,297
- In 2-unit structures: $392,517
- In 3-to-4-unit structures: $211,329
- In 5-or-more-unit structures: $323,765; Mobile homes: $43,680
Median gross rent in 2011: $1,180.
- White alone - 9,493 (91.3%)
- Hispanic - 543 (5.2%)
- Two or more races - 200 (1.9%)
- Asian alone - 108 (1.0%)
- Black alone - 44 (0.4%)
- American Indian alone - 12 (0.1%)
- German (17.7%)
- Irish (16.5%)
- English (16.3%)
- Italian (8.1%)
- United States (4.4%)
- Scottish (2.9%)
For population 25 years and over in Satellite Beach:
- High school or higher: 96.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 41.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 16.8%
- Unemployed: 6.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Satellite Beach city:
- Never married: 25.5%
- Now married: 55.1%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 6.4%
- Divorced: 12.5%
Satellite Beach compared to Florida state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state